Type 2 Immunity & Allergy
©2020 by Jiménez-Saiz Lab
Dept. Immunology & Oncology
Darwin 3, 28049, Madrid, Spain
PhD: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain, 2008 - 2012
Postdoc: McMaster Immunology Research Centre (MIRC), Hamilton, Canada, 2012 - 2017
Immunology Instructor: Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada, 2013 - 2018
Research Associate Academic: MIRC, Hamilton, Canada, 2017 - 2018
Assistant Professor (part-time): Dept. of Pathology & Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada, since 2019
Associate Professor (part-time): Faculty of Experimental Sciences, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, Madrid, Spain, since 2019
Juan de La Cierva Researcher: Dept. of Immunology & Oncology, CNB-CSIC, Madrid, Spain, 2018 - 2020
Junior Group Leader: Dept. of Immunology & Oncology, CNB-CSIC, Madrid, Spain, since 2020
Our goal is to understand immunological principles of Th2 immunity in the context of allergic disease, particularly as it pertains to acute allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) and its modulation by the microbiota, the maintenance of IgE immunity (memory responses), and the impact of allergic disease in the development of other pathologies.
Our lab has a marked translational identity, which has been achieved through research in pre-clinical models of allergic disease and a close collaboration with clinicians.
We are constantly seeking for new members that are highly motivated and have strong critical thinking skills!
Drs. Alberto Caminero, Elena F. Verdú & Manel Jordana, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Drs. Franscico Sánchez-Madrid & Carlos Blanco, Hospital Universitario La Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Dr. Yolanda R. Carrasco, CNB-CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Dr. F. Javier Moreno, CIAL-CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Drs. Domingo Barber, IMMA, Madrid, Spain
Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. Microbial Regulation of enteric eosinophils and its impact in Th2 immunity and tissue remodeling. Frontiers in Immunology, 2020, 11:55
Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. Human BCR analysis of single-sorted IgE+ memory B cells in food allergy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2019, 144:336
Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. The IgE memory reservoir in food allergy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2018, 142:1441
Ellengbogen Y, Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. The initiation of Th2 immunity towards food allergens. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2018, 19:1447
Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. IgG1+ B cell immunity predates IgE responses in epicutaneous sensitization to foods. Allergy, 2018, 74:165
Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. Initiation, persistence and exacerbation of food allergy. In: Allergy Prevention and Exacerbation, 121-144. Springer. ISBN: 978-3-319-69967-7
Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. Lifelong memory responses perpetuate humoral Th2 immunity and anaphylaxis in food allergy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2017, 140:1604
Chu DK, Mohammed-Ali Z, Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. T helper cell IL-4 drives intestinal Th2 priming to oral peanut antigen, under the control of OX40L and independent of innate-like lymphocytes. Mucosal Immunology, 2014, 7:1395
Chu DK, Jiménez-Saiz R, et al. Indigenous enteric eosinophils control DCs to initiate a primary Th2 immune response in vivo. Journal of Experimental Medicine, 2014, 211:1657
- New article: Interrupting reactivation of immunological memory diverts the allergic response and prevents anaphylaxis in The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- New editorial in Allergy: Enlightening human B‐cell diversity
- Rodrigo attended the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting (FAAM)-EUROBAT Digital as member of the Scientific Committee. He gave 2 invited talks and moderated one symposium
- Rodrigo received the Allergy's Distiguished Reviewer Award
- New editorial in Allergy: Single‐cell RNA analysis: Guiding the treatment of DiHS/DRESS
- Congratulations to María Cottereau for successfully completing her Bachelor´s Thesis with us!
- New editorial in Allergy: The neuroimmunological toll of nutrient absorption
- New editorial in Allergy: Thinking small: Zinc sensing by the gut epithelium
- New reviews on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 in Allergy:
- Rodrigo received the EAACI Allergopharma Reserch Award at the EAACI Annual Congress 2020 where he gave an invited talk entitled "Route of exposure determines the immune response to food allergens"
- Alberto Caminero (McMaster University) and Rodrigo have been awarded a New Frontiers in Research Fund – Exploration 2019 grant!
- New article, on B cell biology, through a collaboration with Ana Cuenda and Yolanda R. Carrasco here at CNB-CSIC: B Cell Development and T-Dependent Antibody Response Are Regulated by p38γ and p38δ in Frontiers in Cell & Developmental Biology
- New editorial: Follicular T cells: from stability to failure in Allergy
- New article: Microbial Regulation of Enteric Eosinophils and Its Impact on Tissue Remodeling and Th2 Immunity in Frontiers in Immunology
- New editorial: Drug‐induced IgG‐neutrophil‐mediated anaphylaxis in humans: Uncovered! in Allergy
- Rodrigo has joined the Editorial Board of Allergy!
Dept. de Inmunología y Oncología
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología (CNB)
C/ Darwin 3, 28049, Madrid